Late abstract submission is now closed!
Deadline was on 27 July
Late abstract submission is now closed. Successful late abstracts will be included in the conference abstract book. Travel grants, possibility to be selected for oral presentation and the early registration rates were only available to those submitting abstracts by 8 June. Confirmation of acceptance for late abstracts have been sent out. Please note: the presenting author is required to attend conference - you can register here.
If we do not hear from you by Friday 26 August 14:00 CEST, it will be presumed you are no longer coming and your abstract will be deleted.
First round abstract submission: Participants who submitted an abstract by 23:59 CEST on 8 June and whose abstracts are accepted, are eligible for the early registration fee. Upon confirmation of acceptance, participants will receive a special booking code to be entered in the registration system to ensure the early rate is applied. These confirmations were sent out mid-July.
Please use the same e-mail address when registering as a participant and when submitting an abstract.
Abstract topic categories
- Cell Cycle
- Cell & Tissue Architecture
- Cellular Metabolism
- Chromatin & Transcription
- Differentiation & Death
- Evolution & Ecology
- Genome Stability & Dynamics
- Genomic & Computational Biology
- Membranes & Transport
- Microbiology, Virology & Pathogens
- Molecular Medicine
- Plant Biology
- Proteins & Biochemistry
- Signal Transduction
- Structural Biology & Biophysics
- Systems Biology
Please see more details for each subject category to assist you in selecting your topics.
Abstract submission guidelines
- First round abstract submission is now closed. Late abstract submission is now open - deadline is 23:59 on 27 July.
- The presenting author is required to attend The EMBO Meeting 2016.
- Participants who submitted first round abstracts by the early deadline on 8 June (23:59 CEST) and whose abstracts are accepted, are eligible for the early registration fee. Upon confirmation of acceptance, participants will receive a special booking code to be entered in the registration system to ensure the early rate is applied. These confirmations were sent out mid-July 2016.
- Participants who submitted late abstracts by the deadline on 27 July (23:59 CEST) and whose abstracts are accepted will receive confirmation of acceptance by 13 August. You don't have to register until you know about your abstract, but if we do not hear from you by Friday 26 August 14:00 CEST, it will be presumed you are no longer coming and your abstract will be deleted.
- The participant registration system is NOT the same as the abstract submission system. Participants are requested to use the same e-mail address for both systems.
- Maximum recommended poster dimensions: 841 x 1189mm (33.1" x 46.8") Portrait - DIN A0 Format.
- Abstract submission is only open to registered scientific attendees - media registrants are not entitled to submit abstracts or present posters - see terms and conditions on the media registration form.
- The abstract book will be available online as a downloadable PDF two weeks prior to the conference to allow all registered participants to review abstracts and highlight posters of interest before arrival. It will not be available in print. It will not be published as part of any scientific journal.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English, via the online abstract submission system only. Abstracts sent by e-mail will NOT be accepted.
- Abstracts will be selected based on their scientific merit and the quality and novelty of data presented; it is therefore essential that you clearly and succinctly describe aims, procedures, major findings, and the significance of the research reported. Abstracts containing insufficient information for review will be rejected.
- Abstracts MAY NOT:
- advertise a commercial product
- contain a list of literature references, or acknowledgements of financial or other support
- include graphics or tables
- use, or depend on, character formatting such as bold, italics, superscript, symbol fonts.
- Abstracts MUST:
- be submitted in their final state and will be reproduced directly from the online submission – any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific data will appear in print as submitted
- include the title (max. 200 characters incl. spaces, avoiding ALL CAP spelling)
- be structured in three single-paragraph sections (Background max. 500 characters incl. spaces, Observations max. 1,200 characters incl. spaces, Conclusions max. 300 characters incl. spaces)
- be submitted with the agreement of all listed authors
- be submitted with a licence granted to EMBO to publish the accepted abstract in the conference e-book, and to make the book available to all registered participants in electronic form
More detailed instructions will be available on the submission form.
EMBO reserves the right to reject submissions that fail to comply with the above regulations, and to remove reference lists, acknowledgements and commercial advertising from accepted abstracts without prior notice.