EMBO travel grants were available! Deadline for application was 8 June at 23:59 CEST (Berlin time).
- PhD students and postdoctoral researchers of ANY nationality with less than 10 years postdoctoral experience were eligible.
- Applicants must have submitted an abstract by the 8 June and be first author on the submitted abstract.
- Applicants must have indicated at abstract submission that they wish to be considered for a travel grant.
- The selection of travel grant winners is based on quality of the submitted abstract and is undertaken by the abstract selection committee.
- Travel grant winners MUST register for the conference.
- Winners will be reimbursed the conference registration fee and receive a travel stipend of €250 for participants who work/ study in Germany (excluding the Rhein-Neckar area** and for those participants living within a 100km radius of Mannheim); €350 for participants who work/ study in Europe; €500 for participants who work/ study outside of Europe AFTER attending the conference. Winners who work/ study in the Rhein-Neckar** area and for those participants living within a 100km radius of Mannheim will ONLY be reimbursed the conference registration fee also AFTER attending the conference.
** For The EMBO Meeting 2016 travel grant purposes, the Rhein-Neckar area includes Mannheim, Heidelberg and Ludwigshafen.